- Dental Cleaning & Examinations
- Teeth Whitening
- Smile Makeover
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crowns, Veneers & Bridges
- Laser Gum therapy
- Non-surgical Gum Treatment – Perio Guard
- Tooth-colored Fillings
- Dental Implants
- Dentures, Partials & Repairs
- Root Canal Treatment
- Night Guards & Occlusal Guards
- The Perio Tray® by Perio Protect
To help with Bruxism (the medical term for teeth grinding), Dr. Christensen’s office offers night guards.
It is not uncommon for people to grind or clench their teeth occasionally. This does not usually cause too much of a problem.
However, grinding your teeth on a regular basis can cause damage. Often people grind their teeth while they are sleeping. Grinding teeth at night is often caused by an abnormal bite or missing or crooked teeth. Chronic grinding of your teeth wears down the enamel and can cause cracked or broken teeth. If this occurs you may need restorative dentistry to repair the damage. This is what we specialize in here at Christensen Dental in Henderson, Nevada.
How do I know if I grind my teeth?
Here are some signs that you may be grinding your teeth at night:
- Sore jaw. Your jaw muscles tighten when you grind or clench your teeth. If you do this repeatedly when you sleep you may wake up with a sore jaw
- Headaches. The pain from your jaw created by the clenching then travels to other places in the skull, causing headaches or, in severe cases, migraines.
- Complaints from your Partner. Your partner hears you grind. Some grinding can be loud enough to wake your partner.
- Tooth sensitivity or pain. Bruxism can be a cause of aching teeth. However, aching teeth can have different causes such as tooth decay. So, contact us as soon as possible if you are experiencing sensitive or aching teeth.
What Can I Do to Stop Grinding My Teeth?
One of the best and simplest solutions to preventing teeth grinding is a mouth guard. We can fit you with a mouth guard to protect your teeth from grinding during sleep. Mouth guards can also be designed so you can wear them during the day, for example: when you are driving.
If you suspect you may be suffering from bruxism call us today to make an appointment by calling or texting (702) 331-2121.
Dr. Christensen Testimonial:
I’m an avid fan of my night guard! It allows me to be pain free during the day by preventing joint pain, muscle fatigue and migraines.
- Dianna W., Patient